Rara lake trekking gives us the close encounter of remote wilderness and the superb natural beauty of the western Nepal with an opportunity to explore around Rara Lake – the largest in the country at an altitude of 3062 meters. The trail of Rara Lake Trekking is very much "off the beaten path" and affords glimpses of culture and scenery very different from those in the rest of the country. Trekking to the Trans- Himalayan valley with high ridges covered with forest and alpine meadows along with mountain paths and a series of picturesque villages makes this trek a life time memory. The distinctive culture and tradition followed by the local villagers en-route this magnificent trail add some variety to the holiday. The primitive people give the trekkers a look backward and a chance to reflect on their own modern society and development. Rara Lake trekking is certainly a naturalist’s paradise with an amazing variety of flora and fauna enchanted by magnificent mountain sceneries. Animals like the gaur, serow, musk deer, yellow-throated martin and a wide variety of birds such as the Impeyan Pheasant, Kalij, and dove are the prime attraction.
Rara Lake trekking initiate from Jumla, the trail passes through a lush landscape which provides unusual glimpses of a culture and scenery quite different from that found elsewhere in Nepal eventually reaching to the Rara Lake. This beautiful high altitude lake is surrounded by alpine pasture and woodland of pine, juniper, and spruce, whilst in the background the magnificent snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas. The entire route is 'off the beaten track' which involves the crossing of Ghurchi Lagna pass at 3450 meters on the way to Rara Lake and a few ridges at around 3000 meters when hiking on the way back.
Trekking Destination: Rara Lake Trekking
Group Size: Min. 2 & Max
Minimum altitude: 2370m
Maximum altitude: 3190m
Grade: Moderate and Fairly Strenuous
Season Spring & Autumn
Duration: 15 Days
- Day 01:Arrive at Kathmandu airport and participate in welcome dinner party organized by UNO Travels and Adventures
- Day 02:Kathmandu city Sightseeing at Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swoyambu Nath Stupa( Monkey Temple)
- Day 03:Fly to Nepalgunj from Kathmandu Airport
- Day 04:Fly to Jumla [Juphal(2370m)] from Nepalgunj
- Day 05: Trek to Danphe Langa(3130m) from Juphal
- Day 06: Trek to Chautha (2770m) from Danphe Langa
- Day 07:Trek to Dhotu (2380m) from Chautha
- Day 08:Trek to Rara lake (3040m) from Dhotu
- Day 09:Rest day and explore around Rara Lake.
- Day 10:Trek to Ghorasingha (3190m) from Rara Lake
- Day 11:Trek to Sinja (2440m) from Ghorasingha
- Day 12:Trek to Jaljala (3270m) from Sinja
- Day 13:Trek to Jumla(Juphal-2370m) from Jaljala
- Day 14:Fly to Nepalgunj from Jumla(Juphal) and Fly to Kathmandu from Nepalgunj same time
- Day 15:UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country
- Day 1Arrive at Kathmandu airport and participate in welcome dinner party organized by UNO Travels and Adventures
- Day 2Kathmandu city Sightseeing at Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swoyambu Nath Stupa( Monkey Temple)
- Day 3Fly to Nepalgunj from Kathmandu Airport
- Day 4Fly to Jumla [Juphal(2370m)] from Nepalgunj
- Day 5 Trek to Danphe Langa(3130m) from Juphal
- Day 6 Trek to Chautha (2770m) from Danphe Langa
- Day 7Trek to Dhotu (2380m) from Chautha
- Day 8Trek to Rara lake (3040m) from Dhotu
- Day 9Rest day and explore around Rara Lake.
- Day 10Trek to Ghorasingha (3190m) from Rara Lake
- Day 11Trek to Sinja (2440m) from Ghorasingha
- Day 12Trek to Jaljala (3270m) from Sinja
- Day 13Trek to Jumla(Juphal-2370m) from Jaljala
- Day 14Fly to Nepalgunj from Jumla(Juphal) and Fly to Kathmandu from Nepalgunj same time
- Day 15UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private Vehicle.
- Four nights standard accommodation in star level hotel in Kathmandu.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in trekking
- All accommodations during the trek.
- Rara Lake Trekking map.
- Flight fare Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj to Juphal and come back Juphal to Nepalgunj and Nepal to Kathmandu.
- An experienced Government licensed holder guide and porter to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation, local tax for Guide and porter
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits.
- Travel & Rescue arrangement.
- All government taxes.
- Meals whilst in Kathmandu allow US$ 10 - US$ 12 per day.
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa ( You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Nepal’s Airport in Kathmandu).
- All kind drinks (Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks)
- Personal shopping and laundry etc.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- UNO Travels and Adventure's sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag, and walking stick, if necessary.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected).
Rara Lake trekking is safety and the well being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional guides who are well trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regards, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the trekking period.