Mt. Pumori expedition is generally considered to be technically challenging and requires climbers to be experienced as well as in faultless physical condition. Mt. Pumori stunning peak is located in the upper Khumbu region of Nepal and its border of Nepal and Tibet. The route follows the Southeast buttress before it traverses to the East Ridge for the remainder of the ascent. It is requiring excellent physical endurance; Mount Pumori offers sections of wild exposure, views of Mt. Lhotse and Mt. Everest, with technical difficulty worthy of any Himalayan alpinist. Mt. Pumori expedition Base camp will be set up at about 5300m.
Mt. Pumori expedition, People climb through the glaciers for approximately 4 hours and reach Camp 1st at 5700m. From Camp 1st, we climb 480m to the face with 40 to 60 degrees slope and pass through a snow wall to reach camp 2nd at 6200m to a narrow ridge. From camp 2nd, we climb approximately 450 meters through the ice with 30-60 degrees slopes passing through ice-walls and crevasses. This section is prone to avalanches from big seracs hanging on the shoulder above. Camp 3rd will be set up at an altitude of 6, 480m to the ridge. Passing through crevasses, we climb up to Pumori cliff and then to the summit. Mt. Pumori expedition is a one of serious expedition peak designed only for experienced climbers. The trip starts from Lukla after a flight from Kathmandu and reaches to Pumori base camp toward Dudh Koshi River.
Trekking Destination: Mt. Pumori Expedition
Group Size: Max. 10 person
Maximum altitude: 7161m.
Grade: Mountaineering Expedition
Season Spring & Autumn
Accommodation Hotel Lodge & Camping
Duration: 38 Days
- Day 01:Arrive at Kathmandu airport and participate in welcome dinner party organized by UNO Travels and Adventures
- Day 02:Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu City at Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swoyambu Nath Stupa( Monkey Temple)
- Day 03:Fly to Lukla Airport(2840m) from Kathmandu Airport(0:35 hours) and trek to Phakding(2610m/3:00 hours)
- Day 04:Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) from Phakding( 5:30 hours)
- Day 05:Rest day for Acclimatization and explore Sherpa museum and monastery
- Day 06:Trek to Tengboche(3860m) from Namche Bazaar( 5 hours)
- Day 07:Trek to Pheriche(4410m) from Tengboche(5:30 hours)
- Day 08:Trek to Lobuche from Pheriche
- Day 09:Trek to Lobuje(4910m) from Dingboche(5:30 hours)
- Day 10:Lobuche BC* from Lobuche
- Day 11: Lobuche Climbing from Lobuche Base Camp
- Day 12:contingency day for bad weather etc
- Day 13:Summit Lobuche and Back to Lobuche BC
- Day 14:Summit Lobuche and Back to Lobuche BC
- Day 15:Pumori BC [Settle in Pumori BC 5310 meter]
- Day 16:16-31 : Climb, Summit and Back to BC. Advance BC-m, Camp 1-6000m, Camp 2- 6575m( Mt. Pumori Expedition)
- Day 32:Clean Base Camp
- Day 33:Trekking down to Pangboche
- Day 34:Trekking down to Namche Bazaar
- Day 35:Trekking to Lukla
- Day 36:Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 37:Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley at Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Squire.
- Day 38:UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country
- Day 1Arrive at Kathmandu airport and participate in welcome dinner party organized by UNO Travels and Adventures
- Day 2Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu City at Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swoyambu Nath Stupa( Monkey Temple)
- Day 3Fly to Lukla Airport(2840m) from Kathmandu Airport(0:35 hours) and trek to Phakding(2610m/3:00 hours)
- Day 4Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) from Phakding( 5:30 hours)
- Day 5Rest day for Acclimatization and explore Sherpa museum and monastery
- Day 6Trek to Tengboche(3860m) from Namche Bazaar( 5 hours)
- Day 7Trek to Pheriche(4410m) from Tengboche(5:30 hours)
- Day 8Trek to Lobuche from Pheriche
- Day 9Trek to Lobuje(4910m) from Dingboche(5:30 hours)
- Day 10Lobuche BC* from Lobuche
- Day 11 Lobuche Climbing from Lobuche Base Camp
- Day 12contingency day for bad weather etc
- Day 13Summit Lobuche and Back to Lobuche BC
- Day 14Summit Lobuche and Back to Lobuche BC
- Day 15Pumori BC [Settle in Pumori BC 5310 meter]
- Day 1616-31 : Climb, Summit and Back to BC. Advance BC-m, Camp 1-6000m, Camp 2- 6575m( Mt. Pumori Expedition)
- Day 32Clean Base Camp
- Day 33Trekking down to Pangboche
- Day 34Trekking down to Namche Bazaar
- Day 35Trekking to Lukla
- Day 36Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 37Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley at Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Squire.
- Day 38UNO Travels and Adventures drop in International Airport for Home Country
- Applicable only for Expedition thru Southern Route
- Flight to Lukla Airport from Katmandu, & back after the expedition.
- Porters/Yaks to carry equipment and food all the way to BC & back.
- Full board accommodation en-route to/from Base camp.
- One head Climbing guide/Sardar.
- Cook & kitchen boys at BC.
- Experienced & skillful High Altitude Climbing Sherpa (One Sherpa for two Client)
- POISK Oxygen (08 bottles per client & 06 per Sherpa).
- Mask & regulator mask set (must be returned after the Expedition).
- Highly preferable meals at BC with complete hot drink & normal beverages.
- Exported High altitude food for higher camps (ready to eat food).
- Best quality Tents at BC single or twin sharing as per the client desire.
- All necessary kitchen equipment.
- Best quality Dining tent with enough no of table & chairs, plus inside the tent, we
- will set Gas Heaters to make the Dinning hall enough warm.
- Complete carpeting inside the dining tent.
- Comfortable & portable wooden toilet at the base camp.
- A nice portable wooden shower room with hot water at the base camp.
- High-quality high altitude tents for above BC use.
- Necessary climbing hardware gears with fixed ropes.
- Enough EPI (high altitude) gases with burners for higher camps use.
- Oxygen with the regulator set for medical purpose.
- Radio walkie-talkie set to each client with base station & permits cost.
- Satellite phone for the emergency purpose ($ 4 chargeable for the personal call).
- Generator/solar panel with accessories for recharging & power supply purpose.
- Gammon bag for medical purpose.
- Insurance of all local team members.
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Day tour program around KTM.
- Celebration meal & pre-briefing.
- Expedition blessing Puja arrangement at Katmandu and Base camp.
- Last but most important COMPLETE SETUP INTERM/MIDDLE CAMP with Sleeping bags,
- sleeping mattress, food & drinking stuff & cooking crew.
- Service of Local Climbing Sherpas
- Pumori Permit including Liaison Officer
- Kathmandu Accommodation
- Return airfare to Lukla
- Expedition cargo charge
- Fully catered trek to Base Camp and back
- Full supported acclimatization climb of Lobuche peak
- Base Camp food
- Personal insurance (Suggested to have evacuation policy as well)
- Nepal visa
- Major meals in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gears.
- Personal nature’s expenses.
- Cost of emergency evacuation
Mt. Pumori Expedition is safety and the well being of our groups are of paramount importance to us. All of our trips are led by qualified professional Expedition guides and Sherpas who are well trained by our Government. Our job is to ensure your comfort and safety as we take you where you want to go because your holiday is ours. In this regards, we work honestly and effectively to provide you the Himalayan experience that suits your interest. We encourage you to question us freely and contribute in the planning stages of your adventure in the trekking period.